Cocooned against the world’s hustle and bustle in the welcoming, relaxing privacy of your own cottage, or sharing the seclusion with some close travelling companions the cottages are the perfect spot to start or finish your day. Enjoy a country breakfast as the sun rises over Mount Rufus in the east, or relax with a glass of wine and spot the kangaroos as the sun sets in the west over Mount Horrocks, before dining at one of the Clare Valley’s excellent restaurants, or If you prefer the BBQ awaits,
Set on 82 acres of undulating grazing country Mount Rufus and Mount Horrocks Cottages are a few minutes from Clare, wineries, restaurants, artists studios and the Riesling Trail.
The climate is a mountainous style with four definite seasons. Hot dry summer days with cool nights. Pack your winter woolies for the cold winters. Spring and Autumn are cheerful, sunny and colourful. Each season is well worth a visit to enjoy the changing landscape and variety of activities and attractions.
The cottages are self-sufficient, relying totally on rain water with waste water being processed through an enviro-cycle and subsequently used to water the garden.
- A home grown, home made, and locally sourced breakfast basket is included for your enjoyment.
- With a comfortable contemporary interior and a location that is the perfect base to explore from, you are minutes from the Riesling Trail and Clare, Mount Rufus Cottage really is an experience not to be missed!
- Feel spoiled by soft couches, romantic wood fire and a glass of wine to warm you on those cold misty winter nights and of course air-conditioning is a welcome relief on balmy summer evenings.
- When not dining al fresco the quality crockery, cutlery and glassware are perfect for an intimate dinner for two or having fun with friends at a table of four.
- The kitchen is equipped with portable hotplates, electric frypan, microwave, kettle, toaster and espresso coffee machine. The views from the kitchen sink make the chores a delight.
- Whether it’s a romantic getaway for two or a friends/family trip you’ll all sleep well in the two comfortable queen size beds with crisp fresh linen and electric blankets to keep you nice and cozy.
- Soak in the two person spa, complete with bubbles. Wrap up in the luxury of warm fluffy towels from the heated towel rails. Hair dryer and bath robes included.
- Relax with a coffee and plan the days excursions or just while away the day on the decking, enjoy the fresh air and cook breakfast/lunch on the BBQ all the while watching out for wildlife and farm activity. The deck is also ideal area for socializing all day and into the evening – enjoy a glass of wine on the beautiful summer evenings. It’s the perfect spot to soak up the atmosphere, warmth and beauty of the Clare Valley.
- You will be tempted, like so many others, to return and re-capture the experience of these delightful cottages in each of the four seasons
Check availability and book online now or phone on 0400 409 225