Feel cocooned against the world’s hustle and bustle in the welcoming and relaxing privacy of your own cottage, or share the seclusion with some close travelling companions. Discover Mount Horrocks Cottage as the perfect spot to start or finish your day – enjoy a country breakfast as the sun rises over Mount Rufus in the east, or relax with a glass of wine and spot the kangaroos as the sun sets in the west over Mount Horrocks, before dining at one of the Clare Valley’s excellent restaurants.
Set on 82 acres of undulating grazing country Mount Rufus and Mount Horrocks Cottages are a few minutes from Clare, wineries, restaurants, artists studios and the Riesling Trail.
The climate is a mountainous style with four definite seasons. Hot dry summer days with cool nights. Pack your winter woolies for the cold wet winters. Spring and Autumn are cheerful, sunny and colourful. Each season is well worth a visit to enjoy the changing landscape and variety of activities and attractions.
The cottages are self-sufficient, relying totally on rain water with waste water being processed through an enviro-cycle and subsequently used to water the garden.
- A home grown, home made, and locally sourced breakfast basket is included for your enjoyment.
- With breathtaking views over the famous Polish Hill River Valley, private, quiet and ultimately relaxing, Mount Horrocks Cottage has everything required for a luxurious break from a busy lifestyle. From the minute you open the door the contemporary, comfortable décor immediately eases the tensions of everyday living.
- The sitting room has reverse cycle air-conditioning, comfortable couches and a woodfire to complete the mood. Or, if you dare to upset the peace, a hidden TV/video/DVD compendium are there for you to discover.
- Dine in one of our fabulous local restaurants or dine in the cottage with its romantic setting and quality glassware china and cutlery. Enjoy the Shorts Package in romantic seclusion, a delicious cheese and fruit platter, quality steak, sausages, salad with a Clare Valley wine. Finish with an espresso coffee, chocolates and port. On the long summer evenings eat outdoors, taking in the never tiring views of the Polish Hill Valley.
- The two queen size beds have super comfortable mattresses, a choice of pillows, electric blankets, woolen or cotton blankets and of course a cosy doona (duvet).
- A corner twin spa awaits you in the bathroom with plush towels, heated towel rail, bubble bath, hair dryer and locally made olive oil soap – go ahead and pamper yourself!
- The kitchen is equipped with portable hotplates, electric frypan, microwave, kettle, toaster and espresso coffee machine. The views from the kitchen sink make the chores a delight
- The decking is something to behold, with an electric BBQ/Kettle, outdoor setting and views you can’t get away from.
- You will be tempted, like so many others, to return and re-capture the experience of these delightful cottages in each of the four seasons
Check availability and book online now or phone on 0400 409 225
Spoil yourself and make your stay even more memorable with one of our specially designed packages.